LOL Mentoring program provides one-to-one mentoring to at-risk youth from the 6th grade until they graduate college. Mentors take time to learn their mentee interests, aspirations and future goals to be able to provide them with new experiences and guide them on the right path.
As a mentor, you will be tasked to inspire a young person and invest in their future. LOL provides training, guidance and support to ensure you and your mentee have a valuable experience at LOL.
Step 1: Complete your enrollment here.
Step 2: Attend Mandatory Orientation
Step 3: You begin your mentoring assignment.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Reside in New York City
- Complete a background check and training requirements
- Commit to at least 1-year with your mentee
- Spend at least 4-hours in-person a month with your mentee
- Establish monthly goals with your mentee
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of LOL